Ahh, the holidays. Tis’ the season for lots of festive fun and of course, loads of seasonal foods and drinks. But, if getting into the holiday spirit involved one too many holiday spirits, you’re not alone. In fact, research has shown that on average, many Americans report consuming nearly double the amount of alcohol per week between Thanksgiving and the New Year.
This year, if you’re feeling a bit burnt out on booze (and the unpleasant day-after effects of one too many cocktails), why not give dry a try? If you’ve ever found yourself feeling dry-curious, we’re here to help you take the plunge with a roundup of our favorite must-make mocktails to enjoy during Dry January (and anytime you’re feeling a “five o’clock somewhere” refreshment, without the tipsy side effects).
Give Dry a Try with these Sober Sip-Spriations
- JUST Coconut Mint Bubbles
- 4 cup cold water
- 1.5 cup lime juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender + blend until frothy
- Pour into a glass with ice and top with Coconut Mint Bubbles
- 3 cups apple juice
- 3 cups cranberry
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Sage and thyme leaves for garnish
- To serve top with JUST HuckleBlueberry
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher, minus the Bubbles.
- Fill serving glass with ice, punch mixture, & top with HuckleBlueberry Bubbles to serve.
- 1/3 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Parts Simple Syrup/ Sugar
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- JUST HuckleBlueberry Bubbles
- Microwave frozen blueberries for 45 seconds or until they release juice.
- Pour into a highball glass.
- Muddle blueberries with sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add lime juice and mix gently.
- Fill with your favorite ice and top with HuckleBlueberry Bubbles
- 2 cucumbers, rough chop
- 1 cup sugar ( 1/2 cup for less-sweet version)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 cup water + 6 cup water
In a blender, add the chopped cucumber, sugar, lime juice and four cups of water. Puree until smooth and then pour into a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Pour in the additional 6 cups of water. Serve over ice and top with JUST Cucumber Bubbles.
- Mint Simple Syrup (see directions below)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- JUST Cucumber Bubbles
- To make the Mint Simple Syrup, simply add the sugar, water and mint leaves to a sauce pan over medium-low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour into a mason jar, and allow to cool completely.
- To make the mocktail, muddle blackberries in the bottom of serving glass. Pour in a tablespoon of mint simple syrup, add ice (optional) and top with JUST Cucumber Bubbles.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a few fresh blackberries.
If any of these sober-sips inspired you to give dry a try this January, be sure to tag us on social-let JUST be your booze-free bestie all month long.