Nothing beats the nostalgic flavors of an orange creamsicle–one taste of that creamy, dreamy, pairing of juicy orange & velvety vanilla & we’re immediately transported back to the carefree, sun-soaked days of late summer. But if you’re looking for more ways to enjoy this childhood classic outside a swirly ice cream cone or popsicle, we’ve got you covered.
Today, we’re bringing you a delicious, elevated twist on the classic frozen treat with an Orange Creamsicle French Soda recipe featuring the bright & refreshing flavor & signature champagne-style microbubbles featured in JUST Valencia Orange Bubbles.
Ready to craft a refreshing beverage that captures the essence of a classic creamsicle while keeping things light, hydrating? Whether you're hosting an end-of-summer soiree, or are looking for a delicious mocktail perfect for all ages, this Orange Creamsicle French Soda is certain to become your new go-to sweet, citrusy sip!
What You’ll Need…For the Vanilla Orange Simple Syrup
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice will require 2 large navel oranges
- enough water to bring the juice up to 1 cup of liquid
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- strips of orange rind from one navel orange
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 oz half and half
- 1 1/2-2 oz Vanilla Orange Simple Syrup*
- 6 oz JUST Valencia Orange Bubbles
What You’ll Do…Vanilla Orange Simple Syrup
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the rind (just the orange parts) of one orange in thin strips.
- Juice two large navel oranges into a measuring cup. You should end up with close to 2/3 cups of juice. Add enough water to fill the measuring cup to the 1 cup mark.
- Pour into a small saucepan.
- Add sugar, strips of orange rind and vanilla bean paste to the saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl, and carefully pour in the syrup. Add 1-2 small strips of orange rind back into the syrup. Discard the rest.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely, then remove the orange strips.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Fill a glass about halfway with ice
- Pour in cream and the vanilla orange syrup
- Top with 6 oz of JUST Valencia Orange Bubbles
- Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.