Looking to put the “mmmm…” in Mmmother’s day? Or maybe you’re gearing up for some Mmmemorial day fun? Whatever day you’re looking to add a dash of deliciousness to, we’ve got you covered with the ultimate sweet and tangy treat, Sparkling Citrus Pound Cake.
We’ve elevated the classic pound cake with a sparkling citrus twist, all thanks to our trademark champagne-style microbubbles in NEW Valencia Orange Bubbles. Pairing fresh-squeezed, zesty fruit flavor and decadent notes of rich vanilla, one slice of this swoon-worthy treat will send you sailing off into a state of sweet, summertime bliss.
Ready to dig into this baked beauty? Ready on.
Sparkling Citrus Pound Cake
What You’ll Need
For The Cake
- 3 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoon zest or use orange, lime or lemon (or a combination)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup JUST Valencia Orange Bubbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
What You’ll Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Thoroughly grease and flour a standard 12 cup bundt pan.
- With a mixer, beat the butter, sugar and salt until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Stir in zest and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour and JUST Valencia Orange Bubbles. Mix after each addition.
- Pour into the pan and bake at 325 degrees F. for 60 to 80 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together 1 cup powdered sugar and the 2 tablespoons of juice or just enough to make it thick enough to flow from a spoon.
- Drizzle with glaze.