SPARKLING WATERMELON MARGARITA
Written by Just Water
Do you ever catch yourself daydreaming about the perfect tropical getaway? Maybe you imagine yourself lounging beachside, crystal clear waves rolling slowly in and out just beyond your sandy toes, and a refreshing, ice-chilled drink (complete with a mini drink umbrella) in hand….
While we wish we could book us all that dream vacay, corporate says it’s not in the budget (something about “misappropriating funds” or something—boo!). So, while we work on getting management on board with "Operation Tropical Vacation", we’ll share a fun and fruity cocktail featuring fan favorite, JUST Watermelon Bubbles.
With a taste that’ll transport you straight to the tropics, this Sparkling Watermelon Margarita is the ultimate staycation in a sip.
Sparkling Watermelon Margarita
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice* directions below
- 2oz silver tequila
- 1oz orange liqueur
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Drizzle of honey
- JUST Watermelon Bubbles
Salty Citrus Tajin Rim
- In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup Tajin with a good pinch of flaked sea salt and the zest of one lime.
- Take your cocktail glass, and wet the edge with water and then place rim directly into the Tajin mixture to adhere.
- Fill your prepared cocktail glass with ice
- Pour in the watermelon juice, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and honey
- Top with JUST Watermelon Bubbles and a squeeze of lime - ENJOY!
- Simply cube one small seedless watermelon and puree in a blender. Using a fine mesh strainer, pour watermelon puree from the blender into a strainer over a bowl to separate any pulp or seeds from the juice.
- Store watermelon juice in the fridge for up to 3 days prior to using, simply stir together before using.