Think a two-ingredient cake recipe sounds too good to be true?
This Two-Ingredient Double Strawberry Shortcake checks all of our boxes for a sweet treat:
- It’s dummy-proof & insanely simple to make (great for the culinary-challenged).
- It doesn’t require any fancy ingredients (or many ingredients at all).
- It’s customizable (swap the strawberry cake mix for chocolate & you’ve got a choco-covered strawberry cake, or a vanilla cake mix for a strawberry shortcake vibe!).
- It’s super quick to throw together when you’re in a time crunch (i.e. you forgot you offered to bring dessert to the party & don’t want to be that friend that shows up with neon-colored, slightly-stale grocery store cookies).
- IT’S DELICIOUS!
Starring ALL NEW Strawberry Bubbles, this recipe is bursting with ripe & juicy sweetness in every slice. Finished with a thick (with two c’s) layer of your favorite vanilla frosting, sliced strawberries, & a drizzle of golden honey, this easier-than-an-easy-bake-oven-recipe offers a fruit-forward fusion of flavor and textures that’ll satisfy even the most scrupulous sweet tooth.
Ready to give this easy-to-make, hard to resist dessert a try for yourself? Read on!
What You’ll Need…
- 1 2-Layer-size box strawberry cake mix
- 12oz Strawberry Bubbles
- Vanilla frosting
- Sliced strawberries
- Honey (Optional)
What You’ll Do…
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large bowl combine both ingredients. Mix with an electric mixer until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 20-23 minutes.
- Let cake cool & then frost each layer with vanilla frosting topped with sliced fresh strawberries (and an optional drizzle of honey).
- Serve & enjoy!