jusCalling all chocoholics, sweet tooth's, & dessert die-hards! We’re celebrating National Chocolate Day with a decadent drink that pairs the rich, luxurious taste of chocolate with ripe and juicy strawberries.
Our Chocolate Covered Strawberry Spritz is the perfect recipe to indulge all your cocoa cravings. As beautiful as it is delicious, this mmm…mocktail is the perfect date night, girls night, or self-care nightcap for a sweet ending to those core memory moments. If you’re looking for a 21 & up twist, add a shot of your favorite flavored liquor to kick things up a notch.
This sweet & simple sip is tied together with a champagne-style finish thanks to Strawberry Bubbles for just the right touch of sparkle. So if you’re ready for a Wonka-worthy good time, this one’s for you!What You’ll Need…
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup Strawberry syrup
- 10 strawberries hulled and cut in half
- Strawberry Bubbles
- Optional: 1 cup chocolate vodka or liquor
- Chocolate chips and Valentine’s Day sprinkles
What You’ll Do…
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl & heat until completely melted.
- Take your choice of serving glass and gently twist the rim into the chocolate. Once coated, place glasses in the freezer until the chocolate is solid.
- Pour strawberry syrup into a shallow bowl. Take the frozen chocolate rimmed glasses and dip and gently twist the rim in the strawberry syrup. Set in the refrigerator while you prepare the drink.
- In a blender, puree strawberries and chocolate liquor (if adding) until well combined.
- Remove the coated glasses from the refrigerator & fill each about 1/2 way with strawberry chocolate puree.
- Top the drink with Strawberry Bubbles & garnish with chocolate sprinkles, syrup, & a slice of strawberry (or chocolate covered strawberry for an extra chocolate pop).
- Sip & enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Corie Fletcher