Ah–to be young again. When our biggest worry was whether our neighborhood crush liked us back and soaking up as much summer freedom as possible before “back to school” season reared its ugly head. If you’re looking for a delicious, dog days dessert that delivers an equal dose of childhood nostalgia & grown up fun, this one's for you.
We’ve taken two childhood classics, the Shirley Temple and the popsicle, & added a 21 and up twist to bring you your new favorite summertime treat, Sparkling Dirty Shirley Pop. But that’s not all (we hope you read that with an infomercial intonation)! Of course we had to kick things up JUST one more notch with a touch sparkle & a citrus twist thanks to two fan favorites, Lime & Lemon Bubbles.
Ready to pop off at your next summer happy hour? Read on!
Sparkling Dirty Shirley Pops
What You’ll Need:
- 2 ounces grenadine
- 15 maraschino cherries, stems removed, chopped
- 2 ounces of lemon juice
- 2 ounces of lime juice
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 4 ounces Lime Bubbles
- 4 ounces Lemon Bubbles
- 2 ounces vodka
What You’ll Do:
- Divide grenadine evenly between 8 popsicle molds.
- Add a spoonful of chopped cherries to each mold.
- Whisk together lemon juice, lime juice, simple syrup, Lime Bubbles, Lemon Bubbles, and vodka.
- Pour in the liquid and divide evenly among the molds. Insert ice pop sticks and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
Once frozen, serve & enjoy!